Wednesday, January 11, 2023

RADIO-RELATED STUFF: AN UNEXPECTED DX WINDOW

With the unseasonable temperatures the last few days I've been receiving a lot of good FM DX.


I tuned into WCMF Rochester late Saturday night and kept listening through Sunday afternoon, catching that memorable Bills game.


Sunday night I tuned down the dial and found KX 96 Oshawa coming in better than I have ever picked it up before.


After a while I tuned further down the dial and heard CKOL Campbellford faintly.


I then camped out on CBC Radio One's Belleville transmitter at 90.3 for a few days and then, last night, tuned back up the dial.


I heard Rob and Hailey on 92.5 WBEE Rochester. It sounded like they were playing the same hour of that program over and over.



I then listened to 93-Q Syracuse for a while and it sounded like they were playing the same hour of music over and over.



I then took in some Kix 93.5 and 96.3 Big FM Kingston before settling on Froggy 97 for the rest of the night.


There are certainly more advantages to this weather than lower heating bills and not having to bundle up as much. 

No comments: