Thursday, January 19, 2023

LOOKING BACK: JANUARY TO APRIL 2022

    Based on notes to myself.


I was spending the winter days watching a lot of great conspiracy and Christian stuff I had on the hard drive of my computer.


At the end of March I spoke with the principal of the school for the blind to which I went about all the wonderful changes that had taken place since I attended.


I was also, that winter, reading many great nonfiction books I downloaded from CELA.


I would spend my days, as well, listening to a collection of data cds that had once belonged to the daughter of a friend of my mom. They contained a lot of interesting music and podcasts. I would listen to whatever music fit the time of day or week and if the next thing was a band or artist I felt was more suited for another time I would wait till that time rolled around.


Much of the time while listening to this music I would read braille books, mostly novels and short stories. Got through a lot of them.


A guy whom I had only seen once since college showed up unexpectedly one Friday afternoon and shoveled me out.


My friend and guest poster had just finished doing some work around the house one day when, a few hours after he left, I noticed my kitchen tap was leaking. Not wanting to call him to come right back, I called a guy from the United church and he and a couple other men helped me out, replacing the old tap.


During the week of March break, I happened to be listening to a lot of tapes of eighties music which Mom had brought me from the thrift shop and imagining the teenagers who had originally owned them doing the same thing years ago.


Of course, one highlight of that week was the glorious (for that time of year) weather we got on St. Patrick's Day. I ran errands in it, spent time outside afterwords and went inside where I cooked dinner and listened to "The Block" on CBC Music.


Naturally I was listening to spring peepers in late March and early April.


I am very thankful to a staff member at a local community organization who helped me with my new credit card.


Why did Adam and Eve's sin affect the whole of Creation?


Had a great evening with the then strangers from Marmora Pentecostal Church who I sat with at the Anchor of Hope fundraiser in April. They even bought me a cheesecake at the dessert auction.


That fundraiser was the first time people had really been out to something since the beginning of the pandemic response. I think I caught a bit of a week-long bug from it.


Was reading a lot of Christian audiobooks in April, around Easter time, coincidentally.


In late April, when the warm weather started, I resumed going through a bunch of burned homemade compilation cds of various music and other stuff.


Of course, I also spent a lot of time outside. One day, a neighbour came over and gave me a jar of delicious homemade salsa.


Continued to view and listen to a lot of great conspiracy stuff from my old laptop hard drive during the days when we had April showers: that, and downloaded podcasts.

No comments: