Tuesday, January 21, 2020

WHO IS MS. GILLY?

I have written to inform and entertain you.  You probably don't know much about me, but I will answer some questions about myself.  You might just be surprised.

1  Where and when was I born?
Answer- October 24 1979, in a farming community about two hours from a major city.

2 What is my actual name?
Answer Gillian Rose Ardiel, the middle name is from my great-grandmother on my father's paternal side.  The first name is from when my mom taught 2nd graders and had a little girl named Gillian.  She thought it would be the perfect name if she ever had a little girl.

3  Who was my childhood hero?
Depends on the time period: when I was four or five, He Man.  I had the action figures.

4 What did I like best about farm living?
Answer- The fact that I could go with my dad to help on the tractors one minute, and go running through orchards with my sister or cousins the next.  Also not having cable TV forced my sister and I to use the imaginations God gave us.

5 Whose my spiritual hero/heroine?
Answer- My Maternal grandma, for you readers out there who are grandparents, it's important to be praying grandmas or grandpas.

6  What's my favorite hymn or worship song?
Answer- For worship it's a toss up between "Fairest Lord Jesus" and" How Marvelous."  For more contemporary songs it's either "Always" or "Lead me to the cross."

7 What do I love doing?
Answer- Aside from going to church, walking or cooking, I love finding out facts about obscure history.  E.G. In 1846 an Austrian physician decreased maternal deaths simply by washing his hands like the midwives did in his hospital ward.

8.  What's my favorite color?
Answer- It's a tossup between black and turquoise. 

9. What was my happiest moment?
Answer- Again a tossup between my Baptism and going to Europe last spring.

10. Thing that hurt the most?
Answer- Two things, one when my guidance counsellor told me in front of my parents I was mentally retarded and should be happy getting a job at Wallmart.  The other was when someone I thought was a friend told someone else that she hoped I would be raped and killed.

11. What do I think is the best way to worship God?
answer- Get off and put down the device, put on your shoes and coat, and head your rump out for a walk.

12. What would I tell young people?
Answer- Life is quite interesting, get to know someone your classmates make fun of, you just might be a hero, and take a moment to sit down, unplug, and just think. 

13. What food would I eat if given the choice?
Answer- Indian curries for meals, and this would muck with my diabetes, but anything chocolate for dessert.

14. What time of day is my favorite?
Answer- Late afternoon, things have long since settled in to a rhythm, and the day has plotted out its course.

Gillie

No comments: