Tuesday, January 21, 2020

BUSYBODY CHURCH LADY WINS GOLD MEDDLE

Saturday as I was at church I got to talking to a fellow congregant.  We were chatting about this and that when I told her that my sister had been by to set up some technology for me the previous day.  The conversation turned to Christmas, because I mentioned that this tech had been a gift from that sister.  I also told her about quality time I love spending with my parents.  She suggested that I consider not associating with them if they only wanted to perform Pagan rituals.  My mood instantly went downhill, and I told her that I didn't wish to be completely alone.

A little while later I'm in an adult Bible study class, and I bring it up.  The teacher asked me a couple of questions about Bible verses.  I answered, but hung my head in shame saying that when my parents die I don't have a significant other so I would be completely alone.  This troubled me until it was testimony time and I thought about e-mails my dad sends me each week before church.  They typically go along the lines of "are you going to church to pray for your mom and Tiffany?` Name changed.  I shared this fact.

I got a ride with one of the most compassionate members of my church, this lovely African lady named Sonia Name changed.  I shared my issue with her and she turned to me asking, "If you disassociate with your family, who will witness to them?" This made me smile, because I had not thought of it that way.  Thank you Sonia!

Gillie

No comments: