Thursday, March 14, 2024

COMMONWEALTH DAY 2024

Though I am not a fan of the monarchy or traditions really at all, I have found it fascinating there is such an observance as Commonwealth Day-commemorated the second Monday in March-ever since I happened to catch my first ceremony as a 12 year old listening to the BBC via shortwave, back in those halcyon days when it was still available in North America.


This is 2024's ceremony as broadcast by the Beebe (meaning the BBC, not Justin Beeber, you young people!) complete with hosts and their commentary.


It was good to see so much Christianity included in the service though the interfaith portion, while it may be integral, was nevertheless wrong. There is one great God, Jesus Christ.


It was interesting to see The Ghetto Kids and to hear the Pacific folk song.


I loved the way the soloist started off "Be Thou My Vision."


I wish Calum Scott had been singing about returning to the Lord Jesus Christ, instead of what he was probably singing about.


Seems odd to hear Camilla referred to as the Queen as well as Charles the King since, for seventy years, there was a queen with no king.


Watch it here, but be aware that, by an inexcusably poor error, there is no sound for the first eight minutes.

No comments: