Sunday, December 24, 2023

LOOKING BACK: JULY-NOVEMBER 2023

Based on notes to myself.


The summer was really good. I got some renovations done on my house, had my first ever crop of raspberries turn out to be a bumper one, hung out with friends and family, and started a new regular social activity.


Harvesting the raspberries was good for me in so many ways actually.


Had an experience in August that really made me feel like a man. I felt during it, while I was doing what I had to do, that I was led by the Holy Spirit evry step of the way.


emotionally superficial     arrested development


During the summer I would spend a lot of late nights out in the backyard talking to my friend on the phone. Talked on the phone to a lot of other people while outside, too.


Possibly plant a new tree in the spring.


Of course, I read outdoors as well.

 

I would like to watch the 1997 movie "Inventing the Abbotts."


I'm also looking for the McKenzie Brothers sketches about calculators in schools, beer on ski trips and stuff that bugs them.


September through November were just wonderful. For the first time ever, really, I actually had a social life. This included an open mic, a poetry reading, concerts, church stuff, and various one-off events. Definitely a great time in my life.


For a while, I would buy half a pound of ground beef at the butcher shop every week. 

No comments: