Monday, January 27, 2014

THE BILLBOARD BOOK OF NUMBER TWO SINGLES-1999

Kiss Me: This is actually quite a good song. I like the fact it isn't all sexual. Basically, it seems to be about a boy and a girl just being together, making out a bit, of course, but enjoying each other's company and enjoying each other sexually without doing too much.

Why, however, did Six Pence None The Richer do "There She Goes." They're a Christian band and that song is about the joys of shooting heroine.

Back At 1: Another depressing overplayed light AC song from this period.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you come up with "There She Goes" is about the joys of shooting heroine, and are you sure that this is correct? For there are some who insist that our Heavenly Father's Holy Spirit is feminine, but in all fairness, the song does indeed sound like it could be about heroine.

By the way, if the comment I left around 14 hours ago on your Austerity101 review did not make it through, please let me say again that I am really sorry for not being able to talk to you Monday night. The reason why is that I was still in the gripes of blind rage when you called, and the only thing I wanted to do was lash out like a wounded animal at anyone who tried to draw near. Thankfully, I was delivered out of it (AGAIN!) before I could do any permanent damage, but that didn't happen until around midnight (our time).

Alex Horton said...

I read about "There She Goes" in a book called "The Age of Persuasion" by Terry O'Riely.

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting back to me, my dear Alex. So, do you believe that it is a song about the joys of shooting heroine?

Alex Horton said...

Yes because as far as I know that's what the band who originally wrote the song wrote it about.