Monday, August 15, 2011

THE BILLBOARD BOOK OF NUMBER ONE HITS

I Wanna Know What Love Is: The lyrics of this song were included in a textbook I had for a course in high school called Personal Life Management.

One More Night: Phil Collins ruined Genesis.

We Are The World: On an episode of "Married With Children", the Bundys go on a trip somewhere. They fly first class and Al meets a whole bunch of rock stars. Al and the others colloborate on a charity single entitled "We Are The Old." For the record, the only lines from the song I can remember are:

We've got Medicare,
And antigas pills,
But please help me pay
My alimony bills.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World: Everybody wants to rule the world, but only Jesus Christ can rule the world.

Saving All My Love For You: My gosh, Whitney Houston can not sing.

Miami Vice Theme: This show was so cheesy.

One of the counselors at the School For The Blind told us that he and his friends would go to the bar to watch "Miami Vice" every Friday night.

Sesame Street did a parody of this show entitled "Miami Mice."

We Built This City: On an episode of The Simpsons, Homer incorporated "We built this city on rock and roll" into "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More."

No comments: