Friday, February 2, 2024

MUSICAL WANDERINGS: A BAG OF ECCLECTICISM

To me, the voice of Tanya Tucker reminds me of Gwen Stefani.


Was quite glad a few years ago when I discovered Bowfire and I am happy to learn they are Canadian.


While looking through a holder of cds someone gave me I discovered something I had not thought of in years, namely Aqua's follow-up album, Acquarius, from which they had, as I recall, the one minor hit "Cartoon Heroes." You mean to tell me somebody actually bought that cd!


Though she had some clunkers among her later hits, I still think Sheryl Crow is an excellent artist, a truly great singer-songwriter.


Likewise, it wasn't till a few years ago I fully realized how talented Jewel was.


Kiss is stadium rock personified and I do not at all mean that as a compliment.


I feel the same way about Arrowsmith but at least they had "Janie's Got a Gun."


I am so glad I own a couple Manheim Steamroller albums.

No comments: