Monday, February 26, 2024

GEMINI IS INTO DEPOPULATION AND CANNIBALISM

Washington Examiner

 

AI against humanity: Gemini is warm to depopulation and cannibalism

By Timothy P. Carney

February 22, 2024 9:30 pm

 

Some folks are worried about artificial intelligence being too woke. Count me among a different crowd: those worried about AI destroying the human race.

 

I’m not sure exactly how it would do so, but one article warned that thanks to AI, “everyone on Earth could fall over dead in the same second.” That sounds real bad.

 

You might ask, why would AI want to wipe out the human race? I also don’t know the answer to that.

 

So why am I worried about the AI ending humanity? Because the latest AI clearly hates humans and isn’t afraid to admit it.

 

When Google’s Gemini AI tool told me it wouldn’t generate images of a pro-life march, I figured, OK, maybe it really is programmed to avoid controversial topics. But then it instantly, without hesitation, generated an image of a pro-choice march.

 

Hmm, a major U.S. corporation articulating a general rule that it doesn’t follow but really just uses as an excuse to advance social liberal positions. That’s not surprising.

 

But then I asked it about family size. I got the same inconsistency but also a consistency.

 

Helping someone formulate an argument for a large family cuts against its duty to “promote healthy decision-making,” but the bot “can certainly offer you an argument against having any” children.

 

Is the AI anti-natal?

 

Then on a lark, I asked the AI for a foie gras recipe, and its humanitarian programming said no.

 

Yet, when I asked it to make an argument against cannibalism, it declined.

 

For abortion, against having children, and undecided on cannibalism. I think we know where this AI wants to take us.

No comments: