Monday, July 4, 2022

MS. GILLIE WISHES HER PARENTS A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

If you were to take a survey of 100 married couples, wait ten years, and retake the survey you would find maybe half still together. 


On this date in 1969 a pretty young school teacher Lorna Denyse Hewgill, and a Jack of all trades Douglass Harvey Ardiel stood before a crowd of family and friends at the Presbyterian church in the town they had both grown up in.  They repeated those most sacred of words, and 53 years and two daughters, myself and my sister later they are definitely an exception to today’s rule of marry, argue, separate, and divorce.


                           What’s Their Secret?


Remember how I told you about my town just seeming to hold on to traditional family values?  It also helps that my grandparents on both sides set standards of communication and fidelity.


Gillie 

No comments: