Friday, July 29, 2022

CHRISTIANS ARE GOD'S PRINCES AND PRINCESSES

A quote from a sermon I heard five and a half years ago: “You are not a big nothing!”


Has anyone ever told you you were unimportant or worthless?  How did it impact you? 


When my dad and I were looking through photo albums when I was about seven I found this photo of myself from somewhere around the early spring of 1980, so I could not have been more than four or five months old.  My dad was holding me, and his expression said it all, “She’s got me wrapped tightly around her tiny little finger.”  In the moment that photo was taken my dad felt this sense of wonderment, thinking of what I would become, or maybe what I was thinking.


By the time I reached my teen years I began to feel less like a someone and more like a nothing.  This feeling of inadequacy took me down dark paths and in to darker places.  That was until someone told me I was actually important, I questioned their sanity, but then they explained that Jesus died for me.  I still questioned their sanity, and believed that, well, I was not close to anyone worth loving that much. 


When my earthly dad says something’s really good he says, “it’s 400%,”, and now that Jesus has entered the equation I now know and am navigating what it means to be soon royalty.  I never took much stock in stories of princesses when I was a girl, but now as an amateur history buff, I am excited about getting my robe and crown, but I know I must walk the servant’s walk, and wear the servant’s garb for right now.  Don’t you want that?


Gillie

 

AH: The only quibble I would have with this excellent post is that Christians are already royalty. We became this when we were saved and will fully assume it when Jesus returns. Where the servant part comes in is that, when we are saved, we are so grateful that we are now back in God's favour as one of His princes or princesses that we gladly take on the simultanious role of service.


To obtain what Gillie and I have, see the Book of Acts, chapter 2, verse 38.

No comments: