Friday, July 1, 2022

JEALOUSY: A SIN OFTEN STEMMING FROM AN EVOLUTIONARY WORLDVIEW

Shakespeare was the first to refer to jealousy as “the green-eyed monster” and ever since the 16th century, people have often asked others if they’ve been afflicted by said monster.  What is it?  First off it’s a sin, we are told not to covet things.  I’ll admit that sometimes even now I am guilty of this, but it was way worse prior to my accepting Jesus.  

        

Second, it’s really unattractive: it’s like never getting rid of that zit before the prom.  


Most importantly, it’s a symptom of the virus known as sin.


What Are People Jealous Of? Many Things, it could be your neighbor’s jealous of your nice shiny new car.  Maybe someone you work with is jealous that you got a bump in pay, because you work your rump off.  Maybe there’s no real reason, someone is just jealous for jealousy’s sake.


Whose Jealous? Everyone is at one point or another, it’s in our sinful nature.  There are some folks, though,  who are more so than others, evolutionists.


                           Why Are Evolutionists Jealous?


When the dark, hanging clouds of life’s problems come around me I just call up one of my church elders, and we pray.  Unfortunately,  Devilutionists as I call them don’t have something to reach for when the dark hangies come around.


Gillie 

No comments: