Wednesday, June 29, 2022

GOD KEEPS MS. GILLIE CALM WHEN SHE'S CAUGHT UP IN AN ARMED ROBBERY

Five and a half years ago, on a typical Tuesday afternoon I made my way in to the inner city.  Now for context, I do live in the inner city, however not in the deepest parts.  I decided to go to the main library in my city, but first I needed some sustenance, so stopped at a restaurant in the same mall the library was in.  


I was enjoying myself, just watching people and chatting with the server when someone walked in out of the blue saying, “I want eggs, fries, I’ve got a gun, and I want all the money in the register.”


                           What Did I do?


Most people would assume I would duck under the table, start calling my family while under the table, and telling them just how much I love them.  No, I somehow remained calm, and just prayed, not only that reciting in my head the Scriptures I’d memorized.  


When security was called, and the guy made himself scarce the server came over asking, “are you ok?”  I responded, “yeah, just fine.”


Gillie 

No comments: