Tuesday, August 7, 2018

JUDAS GOATS OF THE PRO-FAMILY MOVEMENT

is a book I'd really like to see published and to read.

I recently read the late Michael Colins-Pyper's informative (though dated) book "Judas Goats." I was, however, disappointed there was nothing in the book about the pro-family movement of the religious right.

It seems to me when you have James Dobson saying things like "Spongebob is gay" (though he clearly is) rather than using his breath to put out the truth about what causes homosexuality and how homosexuals can indeed change, it kind of makes me think he's actually working for the gay movement. I feel the same way about the rhetoric on homosexuality I hear coming from a lot of these right-wing Christian family organizations.

Similarly, when I hear some of the so-called reasoning a lot of these organizations put out in "defense" of an unborn baby's right to life, I think they are secretly working for the pro-abortion movement, and that includes a lot of things Pastor Ernie Sanders on WHKW Cleveland says on his program "What's Right, What's Left" on the issue of abortion. If I were a desperate young woman facing a crisis pregnancy and having no idea what to do, what gets spewed from the pro-life side much of the time would make me want to get to the nearest abortion clinic post haste.

The same kinds of things can be said for a good chunk of the stance's many of these organizations take on other issues, including of course premarital sex and, it stands to reason, probably suicide, though I haven't read a lot of their literature on that.

If anyone knows of any resources that discuss this, leave a comment or email me.

No comments: