Sunday, May 10, 2020

LAST NIGHT

I was able to view this flick via the YouTube channel Encore +.

At the turn of the milennium, the end of the world is seen through the lives of a number of Toronto residents.

This movie reminded me how much I loved the little bit of Don McKeller's work I'd seen before, namely the first five minutes of the first episode of "Twitch City" and part of an episode of the second season of the aforementioned when I was on March break many moons ago.

"Last Night" displays that same quirky humour, as well as having some scenes with heart. However, its dated nature, the fact Y2K was a big lie all along and this non-country's inability to actually support and make successful its cultural products is what caused "Last Night's" box office to be much less than its budget, at least in my opinion.

No comments: