Sunday, February 3, 2019

RECORD COLD WEATHER RESULTS IN AN UNUSUAL BLESSING

Psychologists have coined a term describing the fear of being sans mobile devices or technology, it's called nomophobia. People who suffer from this will actually go in to withdrawl like symptoms if deprived of their precious devices for long periods of time.

Around the middle of last week the temperature took a radical nose dive and everywhere near where I live was in the deep freeze. Wednesday afternoon around four-thirty or so my telephone along with the landlines of many of my fellow residents in the housing project where I live went wonky and would go to dial tone even after a number was dialed.

I was a little angry thinking that my neighbors would start blaming me for this. In a previous neighborhood where I lived some of the neighbors blamed the differently able people for bringing bed bugs in.

This actually turned out to be good practice for me, as I have felt the call to go serve as a Bible worker somewhere in this great big world. I also commented to a friend that it's also pretty good practice to get used to not having the most advanced tech close at hand. It was also a blessing, because I was able to go spend more time listening to God's Word rather than in idol chit-chat about nothing imparticular.

I can only guess what happened last week, but the one thing that comes to mind is the unusually frigid temperatures froze the lines. I, like I said a second ago found this one day lapse in phone use a blessing, and thank God that it came back to rights Friday.

Gillie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively
useful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution &
help other users like its aided me. Great
job.