Thursday, May 15, 2014

RUTH

Have you ever wanted to help someone in a far off land, but felt that the time wasn't right?  Have you ever listened to that soft voice of the Lord, but just shook your head?  I have.  Until recently I felt God impressing upon me to do something for someone I don't even know in a place I have scarcely heard of.

  What Did I Do?

I first had dreams of a young girl in Africa needing help.  This went on for about five nights before I finally revealed to one of my friends what was occurring, and she suggested child sponsorship.  The next day was Sunday, so I had some help looking up some organizations, and decided on Compassion.

  The Child Who Ran Off With My Heart

It took a long time over the last couple of days, spent in prayer, talking to a representative, and thinking.  I decided on a little girl from the impoverished West African Nation of Burkina Faso.  Her name is Ruth, she is five, and when the rep described her to me I instantly knew that I would bring Jesus to someone.

Ms. Gillie

No comments: