Wednesday, May 3, 2023

LOOKING BACK: APRIL-SEPTEMBER 2022

Based on notes to myself.


    The summer of 2022 was wonderful. I spent so many happy hours with some friends of mine, hanging out and fellowshipping at their trailer, going out to eat, and going to a local conservation area.


During the spring and into the summer I had a routine where I would listen to a sermon or read from a Christian book after breakfast and I would not go about the rest of my day till I had finished this.


One Friday in May, I watched Global on my little portable TV just before the analog transmitter was shut down. Watched "The Young and the Restless" and the news. That evening I had a few drinks and tuned into Stephen Colbert. Tuned in a bit Sunday morning as well.


Friday and Saturday of the Victoria Day weekend I volunteered at the yard sale the local United church was having. A little while after I got home, we got that big storm. Our town fared way better than the surrounding towns.


It was at this time Mom started listening to the Wolf Peterborough for a while because that was the only station with a live announcer the day after the storm.


In early July I would stay up late week nights drinking wine and listening to Tragically Hip songs.


My mom went to visit my aunt at my aunt's cottage during this time and she brought back gifts from my aunt of maple syrup, chili sauce, hot peppers, and hot mustard. My aunt knows what I like.


One day I got the opportunity to pray for a sick cat, who went on to live another few months. The following day I got to pray for a friend's mother after I phoned this friend when he was in the emergency room with her.


Check out this insightful article about the significance of the term thirty, sixty, one hundredfold in Jesus' parable of the sower. 


Being a fair-skinned Irish lad, I burn easily so when I would hang out outside, I'd come back into the house at intervals.


To Be Free June 2009 onward except for June 2010, January and February 2015 and March and April 2016.


        My neighbours moved at the end of August and it was good attending their farewell party in their backyard, getting to properly say goodbye.


God was moving a few people around last summer.


On a Thursday afternoon in early September, I decided to turn on the radio, then set to CBC, while I ate my lunch. That was when I heard the Queen had died.

No comments: