Thursday, February 4, 2021

MEDIA-RELATED STUFF

On the one hand, I feel bad about the deep cuts at historic Bell Media outlets such as CJAD, CFRB and CFTO-TV. On the other hand, if the horse is terribly lame, why not put it out of its misery. 


Enjoyed Eddie Nester's show on BBC London today taking callers' opinions on the COVID vaccine. Nester asked good questions of the guests and callers and many good points were raised. It was radio.


I've tuned into "The Block" and "Frequencies" on CBC Music. I found them informative and enjoyable with a lot of potential.


Been listening to a bunch of terrestrial radio stations on the internet this week with which I am fairly pleased. They include: BBC London as mentioned above; BBC Leeds FM; BBC Jersey; BBC Shropshire; and Peterborough Community Radio, all of which can be streamed via this website. I also enjoyed Smile 90.4 FM from Capetown, South Africa.


Sorry to hear about the death of Blair Daggett, former owner of CD98 in Simcoe. I applied for a job at his station once back when I thought I could actually make it in the radio game. Daggett allowed applicants to call him which is what I did. From the brief conversation I had with Daggett, he seemed like a nice man.

No comments: