Monday, October 5, 2015

I AM NO LONGER INSTITUTIONALIZED

At the end of March of this year, I quit the church where I had been attending for the past fourteen years.

At first, I had thought about finding another church but ultimately decided against, preferring to have fellowship with other believers throughout the week instead.

The institutional church, be it Catholic, mainline Protestant, evangelical, or otherwise, is like the proverbial oxcart in the Biblical story. It is a thing constructed by man for the purpose of conveying Jesus, but because it is manmade, it tips every time. When people try to reach out and steady the oxcart, they get struck down by the other members of that denomination. The one who was struck down then goes out and then builds his own oxcart.

If believers want to gather in a weekly meeting, let it be according to 1 Corinthians 14. There are much better articulated resources on the web about how the early church worked so I won't go into more details here.

My journey with Jesus Christ has been exciting, interesting, enlightening, life-saving, life-affirming, and a whole bunch of other things I can't think of at this time and I look forward to where He will lead me in the future.

No comments: