Thursday, July 3, 2014

AVAILABLE NOW: LISTEN TO "CRY CRY CRY" FROM EDEN MULHOLLAND'S NEW EP BODY FIGHT TIME, OUT NOW!

I wanted to give you a head's up about Eden Mulholland, whose take on the pop music of the future comes complete with strange voices, ripped apart rhythms, momentary flashes from ethereal orchestras, and all with a complete disregard for genre boundaries. It may well be that Eden’s less conventional path in music -­‐ he formerly was a contemporary dancer -­‐ has helped shape his experimental approach to composition.

 

His latest EP, Body Fight Time (available digitally now) continues with that theme of intense musical experimentation. Originally written for contemporary dance productions, the songs in the EP were reimagined throughout the last four years into standalone songs at Roundhead Studios in Auckland, New Zealand, and still carry a strong visual influence.

 

"This is what I love about live dance performance, I can feel my body have a physical response to the way dancers move, as if I could get up and do it myself." Mulholland explains, "I want to play music that can make you feel something with body and ears."

The lyrics to this song aren't the best but the music makes it a pretty good rocker. 

No comments: