Monday, June 17, 2013

LOOKING BACK-JULY 2012

Based on notes to myself.

On Canada Day I went to this great party at the house of one of the people I jam with. There was live music and I chatted with fellow jammers. I also drank wine and rum and cranberry juice, in addition to having a fair number of hits of marijuana. It was a great counterpoint to the acrimony of the jam earlier that day.

The next day one of the jammers called me up to ask how I enjoyed the party.

Two days after that, my aunt and her husband came down for a few hours. Mom had been having a problem with the electricity in her basement. It turned out it was a simple matter of flipping a switch, which they ostencibly came all the way down from the GTA to do. Obviously, super kind of them. However, they also brought lunch, cold meats, salad fixins and this really good bread from a bakery in Toronto.

My worker from CNIB was supposed to come that day. The visit by my relatives was short notice and he ended up coming over to Mom's house and having lunch with us.

Singing at the nursing home with an older lady who is a friend, songs like "All Through The Night", "Side By Side", "Little Brown Jug", that sort of thing.

Looking up music on YouTube from a list in a magazine article I'd read.

Also, going through hip-hop blogs and discovering all sorts of old-school (and new) acts.

One Saturday night I listened to a couple of cds I'd made which included (but were not limited to) music from the early part of the twentieth century originally on wax cylinder records. I decided I wanted to cut my nails, but discovered I'd lost my nail clippers. After a frantic search I gave up and got another pair from my mom.

A few months later, I found the nail clippers in a bag of clothespins. I had cut my nails after bringing in the laundry and mistaken the nail clippers for a clothespin.

No comments: