Monday, October 15, 2012

REPLY AWL

So, Tasha Mala, your spouse ran off with a dentist. That's no reason to write an unfunny article about how unnecessary dentistry is for the September issue of Readers Digest.

This week's issue of the online Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind contains a couple articles about the definition of blindness. Often people who are legally blind have some or a fair amount of what is known as usable vision. To me, I would consider myself "blind" because I can see light and shadows, but nothing else. This term would also apply to anyone who has no vision whatsoever. I would consider anyone with "usable vision", that is, who is able to make out actual objects, to be "visually impaired." Politically correct terms like visually challenged are just stupid.

In the current issue of the Quinte Youth for Christ newsletter the director talks about how one of his son's has started taking karate. I have often wondered if a Christian can participate in martial arts. Is there a way to participate without all the spiritual stuff, or are the Eastern philosophical teachings just part of this activity?

No comments: