Saturday, February 24, 2018

A FEW MORE BLASTS FROM THE PAST


CBC Stereo from 1982 or 1983, promo for Metropolitan Opera broadcast, then “Jazzland” with Don Warner.

98.3 CFLY-FM from 1988, Don Neil giving time of 6:47 and telling us to stay tuned for “Focus” with Tony Orr.

105.1 CKQM-FM Peterborough with Cindy Clegg hosting a tribute to Buddy Holly on “Star Tracks”, then CFMK-FM Kingston, a little girl sending out a request to her mother, Joan Wallace, and an ID mentioning Belleville, Madoc and Yarker.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not know what is wrong with me, but I have never liked true jazz, but I generally like instrumentals playing other types of music.

Alex Horton said...

That is kind of odd. Ah well, God creates us all as individuals.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.
Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

Alex Horton said...

Blogger's the only web host around here.

Alex Horton said...

Thanks for sharing my blog.

Alex Horton said...

I'd dearly love to write a book someday, though I don't think I could make one out of the type of stuff I write on here. In the past, however, I have managed to turn a couple of posts into online magazine articles.