Friday, May 31, 2013

KERRIGAN SKELLY WHO ARE THE REAL HERETICS AND PHARESIES

When Jesus told His disciples to obey the Pharesies, He was being sarcastic.

Our salvation is a works-based salvation. I am not speaking about our initial salvation, which is by grace through faith, but after this initial salvation we have to fight the daily fight of faith and endure unto the end in order to make it into Heaven.

To me, living holy does not mean literally never sinning. It means going forth with the attitude that you're going to live in obedience to God's commandments. It also means putting away all the sins in your life that you know of. This is the opposite of going out every day with the attitude that you are going to sin because you're just a miserable worm who can't help it.

Jesus Christ did not die for literally everyone. He died for the people whom God had predestined to come to Him.

I have not personally obtained this moral perfection which Skelly aludes to in this video. However, I know some of the big sins in my life and I have been praying that they would be overcome. I am going on toward the goal of moral perfection in this life. Even if I don't for whatever reason end up overcoming these big sins in my life and/or obtaining said moral perfection, I am confident that if I died right now, I would go to Heaven. I have this confidence because there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ and because I am on the path, living a sincere life of obedience to Jesus Christ, surrendering more of myself and opening up more of my heart to Him all the time.

I don't have a problem with Calvinism as such. I believe in predestination. However, I have a problem with hypercalvinists who use the truth of predestination as an excuse for complacency in the hyuman sphere and as an excuse for not doing what God has told them to do.

No comments: