Thursday, April 18, 2013

SAM CAMPBELL

I've been rereading the Sam Campbell books in the last couple years. I read them as a child but didn't really understand them.

On the whole, they're quite enjoyable. However, I don't know how true some of the stories are, though. Everything seems to work out too perfectly.

I just reread "On Wings of Cheer." It brought back a lot of memories from childhood and I got into some of the descriptions and activities in the book.

That being said, even I think the idea of naming three racoons Amos, Andy and the Kingfish is racist. Plus no kids today will get that reference anyway.

I get the books from a Christian organization for the blind which is kind of strange because they seem kind of humanist at times, along the line of thinking that man will one day work out all his problems.

No comments: