Wednesday, August 15, 2012

REPLY AWL

In this week's edition of the online Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind, Lin Tatum writes an article about when she stopped liking roller coasters. For me it was sometime when I was a teenager. I had ridden a few at a fair and felt kind of nautious afterwords, something which hadn't really happened before. After a few more events at which I rode roller coasters and experienced the same effect, I wondered why I continued to do this to myself and quit riding them.

The July 2-9 issue of Maclean's has an article about craft beers with political messages. A professor interviewed for the piece has the last name of Soberman.

The same issue has a section where ordinary people tell of the moment they felt proudest to be Canadian. My best moment as a Canadian was when Donovan Bailey won the gold medal at the 1996 olympics. At that time, our TV and movies were a joke and there were just beginning to be a significant number of Canadians on the U.S. music charts. I felt proud again the following summer when Bailey beat Carl Lewis after Lewis had challenged Bailey for the title of world's fastest man.

No comments: