PEOPLE
8 Celebrities Who Are Under 5 Feet Tall
By Laura Millar Published on August 8, 2026 07:30AM EDT
Some celebrities are much shorter in real life compared to what their larger-than-life personalities make them seem on-screen.
While camera angles and wardrobe choices can give a misleading impression, several stars — including Danny DeVito and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi — have gotten candid about being less than 5 feet tall.
Speaking to Parade in May 2014, Wicked star Kristin Chenoweth discussed the pros and cons of being 4’11”.
“I’m famous for the lack of height that I have. I’m 4’11”,” she said. “The advantages are that I can weave in and out of a crowd and no one knows I’m there.”
The actress continued, “The disadvantages are that I can weave in and out of a crowd and be knocked over, I can get sucker punched by somebody’s elbow on the streets of New York and they don’t even know it, I can get sliced by an umbrella.”
Here are eight celebrities who are all under 5 feet tall.
01
of 08
Simone Biles: 4’8”
Simone Biles has opened up about her petite frame, and consequently, the difficulties of finding pants that fit.
“Before y’all complain that nothing fits y’all, I want y’all to see my struggle,” the 4’8” Olympic gold medalist captioned an August 2024 photo on her Instagram Stories of high-rise straight-leg Abercrombie & Fitch pants that were sized at a 23/000.
“So hard to find bottoms that fit. But when I find them ... my heart,” she added.
In a January 2018 interview with Today, Biles revealed how often she’s asked about her size.
“The question I wish people would stop asking me is ‘How tall are you? Are you going to grow?’ I’m not going anywhere. I’m 4’8”, I’m stuck,” she said.
02
of 08
Danny DeVito: 4’10”
The New Jersey native known for his iconic television roles, in shows like Taxi and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, is listed as 4’10” tall on IMDb.
In a March 2017 interview with CBS Sunday Morning, DeVito revealed his childhood insecurities surrounding his height and how he overcame them.
“Like, early days [in terms of] being short, being five feet tall, you go to a dance and ... in the very beginning, you’re only fast dancing,” the actor said. “You go out, and you dazzle them with your footwork.”
He continued, “After a while, you start getting used to it and in social circles, you start thinking, ‘Well, you may be able to compensate with your personality.’ ”
03
of 08
Kristin Chenoweth: 4’11”
Chenoweth doesn’t shy away from discussing her short stature.
While discussing the pros and cons of being 4’11” in her conversation with Parade, the Tony-winner explained why there is “always ... a silver lining” to her height.
“I am never going to be taller than any date, that’s a plus,” she said. “I struggle where I buy my clothes, Gap Kids, but then they’re cheaper.”
04
of 08
Jada Pinkett Smith: 4’11”
With Will Smith standing at 6’2” and Jada Pinkett Smith at 4’11”, the couple have plenty of red carpet photos showcasing their sizable height difference.
Speaking to WIRED in August 2019, Pinkett Smith said that although she may be petite in size, she exudes a strong energy.
“When I have on heels, I’m probably 5’2”, maybe, depending on the height of the heel,” she explained. “But with no heels, I’m probably like 5’, maybe 4’11”. Yeah, I’m a shorty. Shorty with a big spirit, though! I walk tall!”
05
of 08
Melissa Rauch: 4’11”
Best known for her role as Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz on The Big Bang Theory, Melissa Rauch has admitted that she “never quite hit five feet.” (According to NBC, she is 4’11”.)
During an appearance on CBS’ The Talk in February 2023, Rauch comedically discussed her height.
“I actually have to thank you all. I really appreciate it. They put some extra pillows here so my feet reach the floor, so I wasn’t dangling. It’s so nice,” she said.
During the same interview, Rauch also revealed that her kids were “starting to catch onto the fact” that she’s short.
“They’re sort of putting the pieces together. And the honeymoon period of me being the mother, towering over them is shrinking,” the actress continued. “Because I notice, when we’re watching TV and cuddling, they’re laying on me. Their legs are starting to pass my knees.”
06
of 08
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi: Approximately 4’9”
Polizzi told Interview Magazine in November 2024 that she believes the reason she’s recognized so often in public is because of her height.
“Anywhere I go, people recognize me and take pictures,” Polizzi said. “I’ll go to Target and I’ll take a couple of pictures with people. I think it’s because of my height that people are like, ‘I think that’s Snooki.’ ”
However, Polizzi told the outlet that even though she sometimes tells people she is 4’10”, there’s a chance she is 4’8”.
07
of 08
Adrienne Bailon-Houghton: 4’11”
Singer and actress Adrienne Bailon-Houghton, well-known for her role in Disney’s The Cheetah Girls, embraces her short stature.
On social media, she has shared how her height impacts her sense of style. In February 2026, Bailon-Houghton posted a sneak peek into her fitting for the Grammy Awards with her stylist.
“I love fashion so much! Being 4’11 & curvy makes it even more FUN! Lol,” she captioned the Instagram post.
08
of 08
Jacki Weaver: 4’11”
Recognized for her Oscar-nominated supporting roles in Animal Kingdom and Silver Linings Playbook, Australian actress Jacki Weaver stands at approximately 4’11”, per The Sydney Morning Herald.
In a March 2025 interview with The Guardian, Weaver was asked about the oldest thing she owns and why she still has it — and the answer surprisingly had to do with her small size.
“I’ve got a cane chair that was given to me for my second birthday,” she said. “I have it in my sitting room, it’s got a little cushion on it and it’s really sweet and very tiny. I’m very small — I’m less than five feet tall, and I’m 48 kilos — so I can still sit in this little chair, and I do!”
The actress went on to say that it’s “pretty impressive” that the chair has lasted over 75 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment