Friday, October 11, 2024

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID TO MY SCHOOLMATE FOR HIS ASSIGNMENT ABOUT STUDENT'S DIFFERENT RELIGIONS

First of all, as a Christian, I do not have a religion: I have a relationship. God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and Jesus' Holy Spirit live inside me and are with me every day as I go about my life guiding me, giving me wisdom and teaching me about Them either directly or through Christian teachings which I take in through attending church, availing myself of Christian reading material, hanging out with other Christians, or listening to or watching Christian radio and TV broadcasts.


When I pray, I am conversing with the God of the universe who exists in the form of the trinity I just mentioned above.


The religious aspect of my relationship with God is as described in the Book of James, namely to "visit widows and orphans in their distress" i.e. help the poor and others in need I come across, and to "keep myself unspotted from the things of the flesh", by which is meant stay away from sin. I know that (at the time I should have said this) I am not currently doing the best job at these two things, but God and His Son are with me and are growing me to be more like Jesus. 


I feel this growth will accelerate once I can get out of this ridiculous nut school for the blind at which I currently reside and thus have more freedom to live my own life and make my own decisions in the Lord. 

No comments: