Sunday, December 26, 2021

MEDIA-RELATED STUFF

Sad to learn of the death of comedian and CBC broadcaster Candy Palmateer.


Today on "Cross Country Checkup", a caller requested "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" and "All I Want for Christmas is You" was played instead. There was a time when CBC wouldn't have made such a mistake. Also, don't allow people to sing and play the guitar over the phone, especially when they can't sing. I swear, CBC, you just get more and more disgraceful every day.


Been catching up on the saga of WBCQ, WHRI and World's Last Chance on Don Brown's blog. A pretty sad and pathetic situation over all. By the way,  the SW Florida blog looks interesting and informative.


Speaking of which, it looks like Family Broadcasting is no longer on shortwave at all.


I checked out the schedule for Family Entertainment TV. A bit of a neat line-up, but there's definitely stuff on there of which I don't think Grandpa Lester would approve.

No comments: