Tuesday, March 8, 2022

THE IMPORTANCE OF CHRISTIANS KEEPING THE PASSOVER

I keep the Passover privately every year, though I truly wish I had other brothers and sisters with whom I could celebrate. 


I'll cook up some lamb, to remind myself of the Exodus connection to Jesus death, i.e. Jesus being our Passover lamb who delivered us from slavery to sin. I eat it with garlic or something else strong, to remind me of the bitterness of sin and how its something I never want to get complacent about.


I also take communion as this article talks about.


I don't judge anyone for how and when they keep Passover, as Colossians 2 commands me. Nevertheless, I think it quite important that Christians get out of Easter, Christmas and other such pagan holidays and back into celebrating, in the way God leads them to do so, the seven Biblical feasts of the Lord. Taken together, they are an annual reminder of what God did for us, is doing, will do, and our responsibility as His blood-bought saints.

No comments: