Thursday, August 18, 2011

LUKE 19-21

The following are some thoughts on passages in the Gospel of Luke Chapters 19, 20 and 21.

Luke 19 23: "wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury"

This verse is often used to justify interest. However, what the man in this parable was really saying was, "If you weren't going to do anything with the money I gave you, why didn't you just open an account, put it in the bank and make me borrow it from you?"

Luke 20 9-19: This parable is allegorical to the history of Israel up to Jesus time.

Luke 20 24 and 25: "shew me a penny whose image and superscription has it they answered and said Caesar's and he said unto them render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's and unto God the things which be God's"

What belongs to God? Everything. Jesus was saying here, "If you're going to worship Caesar as God, then give Caesar everything, but if you're going to worship God as the true God, then give Him everything."

Luke 21 5-38: As we go through these end times, it is good to know that Jesus is coming soon.

No comments: