Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THE BILLBOARD BOOK OF NUMBER ONE HITS

Mandy: I actually like Barry Manilow. I didn't think I would until I heard one of his albums. I particularly like his recording of the theme to "American Bandstand."

Homer Simpson sang a sort of parody of this song:

Oh Mindy you came and you found me a turkey,
On my vacation away from worky.

Thank God I'm A Country Boy: "Life on the farm is kinda laid back." No it isn't! It's work from 4:00 a.m. until 8:00 at night with constant worry about wild animals, crop failure and foreclosure.

For the record, a parody of this song exists called "Thank God I'm A Pubic Hair."

The Hustle: On "Stickin Around" or one of those shows they used to show on YTV there was a character named Russell who invented a dance and the other kids all sang out "Do The Russell."

Rhinestone Cowboy: Glen Campbell is such a phony.

No comments: