Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HUNTIN STORY

It was the second week of deer camp. I was dejected I hadn't shot a single deer.

"All right, boys," I said, "I'm going to fire this gun wild until I get a ten-point buck."

"You're flippin crazy," they all told me.

"Oh really?" I said, "watch this."

I fired my rifle wild and knocked down a tree.

The boys stood there amazed.

I continued to fire wild, knocking down trees, shrubs and various forms of wild life, but still no deer.

Finally, after three hours I decided to give it one last shot. I pulled the trigger, heard the rapport of the gun and then heard a cheer swell from around me. I had got my ten-point buck after all.

We celebrated by consuming a large quantity of beer, which come to think of it had been what we'd been doing for the previous week and a half oddly enough.

No comments: